There is no place like it.
Paying for Your Care
Our support is flexible and can be tailored to meet your requirements. Support time can range from an hour visit to 24hrs per day.
We provide the standard of care that we would want for our own families. This means valuing the unique qualities of each client and seeing the whole person, not just a list of care needs.
Our services are flexible and respond to your changing priorities and needs. We work together with families to keep our clients in control of their own care as far as they are able. That’s why we always listen carefully to what you tell us about how you want to receive your care and support.
We keep in regular contact, so that you soon get to know the team. Building a relationship that you can trust and rely upon is central to how we manage our business.
We provide the following services:
There are a number of ways that you can fund your care. Depending on your particular needs and circumstances, you may be eligible for financial support from Edinburgh council. Our team in Edinburgh Homecare will be able to assist you with identifying the best way to fund your care.
If you are looking to access home care services, either for yourself or for a loved one, then you need to alert Edinburgh council either independently (by yourself, or through your family or a friend) or via a healthcare professional such as your GP. Edinburgh council will then carry out an assessment of your needs to determine what level of support you require. They will then determine what level of financial support you might be eligible for to meet those needs. If you qualify for funding, the council can organise and pay for your care or on your behalf or give you a cash payment to do so yourself. Whichever option you prefer, we can work with you and whoever funds your care to make sure you get what you need.
If you are not entitled to free or partially-funded home care, or you wish to supplement your care, you can also pay for our services as a private client. Whichever payment route you choose, Edinburgh Homecare will provide a quality service that is tailored to your unique needs.
For more information about how care services are funded, visit Edinburgh Council website or see: http://www.edinburgh.gov.uk/info/20082/paying_for_care
- How do I arrange a care service with Edinburgh Homecare? Contact us and make an appointment for us to visit you for a chat about how we help you. We are happy to visit you at home to discuss ways we can help and then, once you have decided, you simply leave the rest to us.
- What if I don't like my care package or want to make changes? Our experience tells us that people's care needs very often change. We therefore understand that care may need reviewing from time to time. This is why we carry out reviews on a regular basis and why we are pleased to hear from members of the immediate family about effective methods for delivering the care service for their relative.
- Is there anything that my care worker is not able to do? Once we have established exactly what you want on each visit, we will work to that list. We are not able to give injections or change sterile dressings. Also, we cannot carry out tasks which are likely to cause risk to either the person we provide care to or to the Care worker. Tasks will be agreed with you in advance. Any changes to the plan can be discussed with your care manager.
- Will I have the same care worker each day? This depends on how many care visits you have each week. We very rarely have just one care worker assigned to a particular client. This allows for periods of time where your care worker may be away on holiday, however we do try to keep the number of your care workers to an absolute minimum.
- What about my personal security? Every member of the Edinburgh Homecare team has been through a rigorous vetting procedure before they start working with us. In addition, all staff will always be in uniform and carry a personalised identification card which shows their name, photograph and signature. Edinburgh Homecare is registered and regulated by the Care Inspectorate.
- How can I be sure that my care worker will stay the full period of the care visit and carry out all the tasks? We take a considered and comprehensive approach to ensuring that your care service is exactly what is required. After every visit the care worker will write the details of activities undertaken during the visit in the care record (which is retained by the client). In addition, the client is asked to record their satisfaction by signing the care worker's timesheet, which is returned to Edinburgh Homecare office each week for checking. There are supervisors that spot check the carers to make sure they are carrying out their duties properly and the office staff are in regular touch with our clients.
- How do I pay for my care? We will send/email you an invoice once a fortnight. You can either pay the invoice on line through our online services or call the office and pay using your credit or debit cards. You can also pay by cheque or set up a standing order through your bank. You have 14 days to pay each invoice.
- What happens when the office is closed? Our offices are normally open from 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday. Aside from this, we operate an out-of-hours emergency service which is manned from 7am to 10pm. The number for your out of hours service can be provided for your reassurance, with someone at the end of the telephone line to assist with any emergencies about your care.
© COPYRIGHT 2020. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.